PAN (Permanent account number) is an important identity proof in India. It is a unique 10 digit alphanumeric identity proof that is assigned by the Income Tax Department in India. This card is necessary to file for the income tax return, open a bank account and even deposit or make a payment above Rs. 50,000. Thus, it is a necessary proof for the taxpayer and is must to make any financial transaction, buying mutual funds, sales and purchase of assets, etc. PAN card number has a universal identification number that keeps note of all the financial transactions. This is necessary to find the taxable elements and avoid any kind of tax evasion.
When considering new Pan Card Apply, you need to know the entire application process, documents required and things to avoid. Pan card application is a hassle-free process that can be completed by both online and offline using the NSDL website. This process of application also varies for specified categories of people. For the Indian citizens, here is a complete procedure to apply online. Before, this, you need to get ready with the needed documents like elector’s photo identity card, ration card, passport, aadhar card, driving license, arm’s license, etc that are issued by the central/state government or from the Public Sector Undertaking.
Along with this, there are few more documents that can be used for the processing of the PAN card application. If you are not familiar with the use of the internet, it is best to look for the Pan Card Agent. Such agents charge some fees for application and handle the entire process from filling the form, submitting and getting the PAN card issued. Here is a completely online application process for PAN card.
Online procedure to apply for PAN
- Visit the NSDL website: https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/endUserRegisterContact.html and fill the Online PAN application form
- Click on the type and select New PAN with Indian citizen form 49A
- Pick the right PAN card category – Individual for the majority of people
- Enter the personal details like date of birth, name, etc along with the captcha code to proceed to the next step
- The next step includes opting from the three choices. The applicant can authenticate via Aadhaar to avoid uploading any documents or scan the needed documents and upload them or visit the office physically and submit the required documents.
- In the case of Aadhaar mode of authentication, OTP is needed along with the payment process. In the other options, you need to provide attested documents to the authorities.
- Input correct and complete details of Aadhaar that appears on the screen and then click on next
- Enter your date of birth, name and address
- After this, an AO code appears on the screen, select the right choice
- Under the choose, AO Code option, click on your state along with the residence to get the full list of AO code in the below box
- Scroll and click on the right option like companies, government servants, private sector employees, non-salaried people, etc
- Select the documents that you will submit as a proof of identity and address