Who is eligible to undergo this procedure?
Among the several benefits offered by Cyberknife surgical procedure, one is that almost every person is eligible to undergo it including those who are medically frail or suffering from the difficult to treat cancers. With the CyberKnife Treatment Cost in India being quite reasonable when compared to the western countries, NRIs and even foreigners have been coming to the country for advanced treatments.
This procedure is ideally suited for those who:
- Suffering from a condition that is diagnosed as inoperable.
- Too advanced or young in age to undergo frame based radiosurgery
- Need or looking for an alternative for traditional open surgery.
- Is not interested to undergo treatment by using stereotactic frame
- Received optimum allowable radiation dosage.
- Benefits from newly evolved applications to treat conditions which previously were not regarded for radiosurgery.
- Not eager to undergo additional surgery to remove residual or recurrent tumor.
- Receives radiosurgery treatment in the form of adjunct therapy to conventional oncology care.
It will be wise to discuss with the specialist to find out if this procedure is appropriate to treat the specific condition faced.
What does Cyberknife treat?
Being FDA approved, it is designed to deliver accurate high energy radiation treatment to cure non-cancerous and cancerous tumors all over the body. Thousands of patients over the world have enjoyed availing this treatment. There are many who were prescribed of inoperable tumors, however, were able to enjoy success with cyberknife treatment.
But the fact is that not every person is a candidate to undergo image guided robotic radiosurgery procedure. It is only the cyberknife trained and qualified physician who will be able to determine better if the condition is curable using this procedure or not. In the general sense, this procedure is able to treat effectively the following:
- Metastatic cancers including those having spread to the other body parts like the lung, lymph nodes, liver, spine and the brain.
- Primary cancers like liver, lung, brain, prostate, spinal cord and the pancreas.
- Benign tumors like acoustic neuromas, meningiomas, cavernous angiomas and pituitary adenomas.
- Recurring cancers like in previous treated areas.
There are some specific conditions which can be treated effectively with this procedure like:
- Primary tumors:
- Spinal tumors
- Nasopharyngeal carcinomas
- Skull base tumors
- Pituitary adenomas
- Acoustic neuromas
- Vascular malformations:
- Cavernous malformations
- AVMs (Arteriovenous malformations)
- Functional disorders:
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Cervical spine
- Skull base and neck
- Lumbar spine
- Thoracic spine
- Neck and head
- Throat cancer
- Lymph nodes
Know the benefits of undergoing this surgical procedure
Cyberknife is termed to be among the most advanced of all radiosurgical techniques offered by specialists to treat non-cancerous and cancerous tumors and lesions developing across the body. This procedure is only witnessed to grow in significance in the last few years due to successful outcomes. Moreover, this revolutionary treatment is said to have managed saving thousands of lives across the globe and also is good enough to maintain quality of life of the patient. Hence, it is rightly termed as ‘Beam of Life’.
The benefits offered by radiosurgery along with cyberknife do outweigh any type of potential risk that is quite minimal. This treatment is stated to be:
- Painless without any side effects or few to be noticed. The patient after having the treatment will be able to resume normal activities immediately.
- Fully non-invasive. Even though, this treatment has this name cyberknife, the truth is that no cutting or knife is involved at any point of time throughout the procedure.
- Cost effective: It is performed mainly as outpatient basis, thus not requiring the patient to avail anesthesia or hospitalization. Besides this, patients will need 1-5 treatments rather than 10-45 treatments using conventional radiation therapy.
- Quick: Every treatment offered is known to last for about 30-90 minutes only.
- Highly successful: The delivered radiation is quite precise, such that it dissolves tumors successful. In case, they recur, then it can be treated again if deemed necessary by the doctors.
Therefore, with low CyberKnife Treatment Cost in India, patients can now look forwards to having a pain-free life.