What Is Hip Replacement?
Hip replacement surgery is a procedure during which a doctor surgically removes a painful coxa with arthritis and replaces it with a synthetic joint usually made up of metal and plastic parts. It usually is completed when all alternative treatment choices have failed to offer adequate pain relief. The procedure ought to relieve a painful coxa, creating walking easier.
Symptoms Of Hip Osteoarthritis
Ignoring any one symptom is ok, but if you encounter multiple symptoms described below, then you should probably consult with a doctor.
Some of the common symptoms of hip osteoarthritis which could potentially result in hip replacement surgery are as follow:
- Joint stiffness that happens as you’re getting out of bed.
- Joint stiffness once you sit for an extended period of time.
- Any pain, swelling, or tenderness within the hip joint.
- A sound or feeling of bone rubbing against another bone.
- Inability to maneuver the hip to perform routine activities like putting on your socks.
Hip Replacement surgeries
- Unilateral Hip Replacement
Unilateral hip replacement is the most common hip replacement surgeries out there. In unilateral hip replacement surgery, the doctor only operates on the damaged hip. This Hip Replacement Surgery Cost In India by this process appears in between (5500 – 8000 USD).
- Bilateral Hip Replacement
Bilateral hip replacement surgery is more sophisticated as compared to unilateral hip replacement surgery. During a bilateral hip replacement, the surgeon operates on both the hips. This surgery is mainly done upon critical cases. The cost is around (8000 – 12500 USD). The cost is pretty high though, as it requires more precision and time.
Precautions After Hip Surgery
- Don’t cross your legs or ankles after you are sitting, standing, or lying down.
- Don’t bend too way forward from your waist or pull your leg up past your waist. This bending is named hip flexion. Avoid hip flexion bigger than ninety degrees (a right angle).
- Try to not sit within the same position for over thirty to forty minutes at a time.
- Keep your feet regarding half-dozen inches (15 centimeters) apart. don’t bring all of them the manner along.
- Don’t cross your legs.
- Keep your feet and knees pointed straight, not turned in or out.
- Sit in an exceedingly firm chair with a straight back and armrests. Avoid soft chairs, rocking chairs, stools, or sofas.
- Avoid chairs that area unit too low. Your hips ought to be above your knees after you area unit sitting. Sit on a pillow if you’ve got to.
- Once obtaining up from a chair, slide toward the sting of the chair, and use the arms of the chair or your walker or crutches for support.
Factors Affecting The Cost Of Hip Replacement Surgery
The patient is opting for:
- Room– customary single space, deluxe space, super deluxe space for the number of nights such that (including nursing fee, meals, room rate, and space service).
- Operating room, ICU
- Fee for the team of doctors (Surgeons, Anesthesist, physiotherapist, dietician )
- Physiotherapy session
- Standard check and diagnostic procedures
Depending on treatment options:
- Single hip/both
- Implant being used
Major Hospitals For Hip Replacement Surgery In India
Here we have listed ten major hospitals in India, which have specialized surgeons for hip replacement surgery. The hospitals are throughout India, so according to your own budget expenditure and preference for accommodation, you can go for any one of them.
- Vijaya Hospital, Chennai
- Care Hospitals, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
- Nanavati Super Specialty Hospital, Mumbai
- Medanta – The Medicity, Gurgaon
- BLK Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Indian Spinal Injuries Center, New Delhi
- Max Super Speciality Hospital, Patparganj, New Delhi
- Primus Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi
- Paras Hospitals, Gurgaon